Thursday, October 14, 2010

Vermicelli Noddles, Tofu and Vegetables Stir Fry - Invention Recipe

I had Tofu and wanted to give it a try since I became Fishetarian a couple of months ago...I read about some recipes and adapted a little bit of this and a little bit of that and the result: Brilliant.

you can use any vegetables, but I had those in my fridge.

Ingredients (for 2 with left overs)
half a pack Vermicelli Noodles (Or any other actually)
Asparagus - 1 bunch
1 carrot
8 Button mushrooms
a bunch of Green beans
1 package (250g) hard tofu
1 tsp of sugar
1 clove Garlic
1 small piece of Ginger
50ml Soy Sauce
1 tsp Sesame seeds
4 tsp Vegetable oil
Vegetable stock (250ml)
Some chilli powder if you wish
Lemon Juice

Method:
First, drain the tofu in paper towel
Cut in small squares
Slice the Ginger and chop the garlic, and place it in a bowl with soy sauce and lemon juice and 1 tea spoon of sugar.
you need enough liquid to coat the tofu...leave to marinate.

Chop the vegetables

Prepare the noodles as per package instructions. In my case, put it in cold water for 10 minutes.

Heat up some oil in a wok, add sesame seeds, and stir fry the tofu (Reserve the marinate). In my case I did it in 2 batches. Stir fry for 1 minute and dry it in a plate with paper tower. (Try to keep the oil in the wok).

With the remaining oil in the Wok, add the Marinated (Soy sauce and lemon) and the hard vegetables ( I kept mushroom for later)...stir fry for 1 minute or 2, and add vegetable stock.
Add mushrooms.

Stir fry for another 5 minutes and add noodles.
The noodles will absorb a lot of the liquid. Keep stirring for another 3 to 5 minutes and add tofu again to heat it up to 1 minute.

Serve!

No comments: